October 02, 2011

Hockey anyone?












THANK YOU, AUNT KRISTI!



Kristi was able to score 4 free tickets for the opening night of the Spokane Chiefs game......so she invited the girls and I and we had a blast! They played the Tri Cities and beat them 7 to 1! It was fun, and I found myself "explaining" some of the odd things about the game (which I now know I know nothing about!) -- for instance, Audriana and Sofia could not understand why the entire Arena boo-ed loudly when the 4 ref's skated out onto the ice. They both looked up at me with questioning eyes -- it was really cute. I had to explain that the booing and the hissing were part of the "hockey experience" and it was just the crowd's way of having fun and enjoying the game. There was a lot more fighting amongst the players than I remember....and of course, I had to explain that, too, chalking it up, again, to the "hockey experience" (as opposed to bad sportsmanship). We didn't get home until after 10 tonight, and after 3 soccer games and 1 hockey game, we all came home and had a good nights sleep!






No comments: