May 02, 2010

Audriana and Aunt Kristi do Bloomsday 2010!

Oh my gosh ~ my baby is doing her very first Bloomsday race this morning! I'm so proud of her! Thank goodness Aunt Kristi has been training and will be doing it with her. Maybe next year the whole family will give it a shot! :-) Thank you Kristi for taking Audriana today and crossing this amazing milestone with her! This was also Kristi's first Bloomsday, and I bet it won't be her last! (doesn't she look good?)!
This is a 12K race = 7.46 miles! Are you kidding me?!??! She's ready! I guess because she's 7, and because she gets lots of exercise through soccer games and soccer practice, that she is ready to do this.......
Right after I took this picture, Audriana came over to me and whispered "Are you proud of me, Mom"? I gave her the biggest hug (complete with tears in my eyes) and told her I was so so so so proud of her.........what a moment! :-)
Team Alfaro, Team Schurra, and Team Wilhite! Go for it! Good luck!!!! Audriana and Kristi were walking the race with Chad and Patty, too! Their daughter Marissa was running it with her friends.

DOOMSDAY HILL! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!


Sofia and I drove to Aunt Virginia's house and watched a good portion of the race in her backyard. What a beautiful view she has!! By the way, my Aunt Virginia is 77 and was somewhere in the mass of people doing Bloomsday! What an inspiration she is! She does it every year and typically finishes a little under 2 hours! Geez that's plain amazing!!!!

Here are Audriana and Jacob, Chad and Patty Wilhite, Kristi and Jacob's mom.


Audriana, Jake, Mrs. Nickel and Kristi walking up Doomsday Hill.

Here is Sofia on the lookout for Audriana and Aunt Kristi. We were in Aunt Virginia's backyard, which looks right on to Doomsday Hill.....


There's my baby! She made it up to the top of Doomsday hill with no problem at all! Aunt Kristi, too!

Jacob Nickel and Audriana at mile 7 -- almost there guys! :-)

CONGRATULATIONS AUDRIANA! WE ARE SO INCREDIBLY PROUD OF YOU!
Audriana's official time was: __2 hours 11 minutes 40 seconds_

No comments: