October 27, 2009

The Circus comes to our house.....


Ok, so some of you know that Audriana is not the most imaginative girl -- she is more likely to focus on fact and actual events, as oposed to fiction or make-believe. So you can imagine my surprise when she called me at work yesterday afternoon and wanted to know when I would be home.

It went something like this:
Audriana: Mom, what time are you going to be home tonight?
Me: Oh, about the same time, maybe 5:30 or 6...why?
Audriana: Because Sofia and I have a surprise for you" (said with much enthusiasm).
Me: What kind of surprise, Audriana? (said with matching enthusiasm).
Audriana: We are getting ready for a Circus!
Me: Wow! What do you mean a Circus!? A Circus is coming to our house?
Audriana: That's all I can tell you, Mom. I have to go now because we have to get ready!
Me: Ok, babe, see you tonight!

I just had the biggest smile on my face, because she's really never gotten so excited about something like that -- let alone, something that she has imagined and created! Her friend Maria does a lot of this, and even Sofia does, but not so much Audriana, so I was very excited to get home to see what she had done.

When I got home, they had put all 900 of their stuffed animals (ok, a bit of an exageration) on the couch to be "the audience" for their circus performances. Audriana told Sofia to get the hula hoop ready because she was going first. Sofia was so excited. Audriana announced a big welcome to everyone that came to the circus and then announced "Sofia, the Hula-Hooper"! Sofia did some hula-hooping, but got frustrated when she didn't do very well. Then Audriana announced herself and as "Audriana, the jump-roper". She jumped rope for a while and then decided to hula-hoop with Sofia. It was very cute. Martin and I clapped with excitement (as all good audiences do). What a fun night!

No comments: