September 08, 2012

Spokane Interstate Fair 2012 - Day 1!

Our first day out this year to the Fair this year -- and it was a hot one!  About 90 degrees or so.  We spent the afternoon and evening (Rodeo!) with Mom and Jay, Patty and Chad, and Marissa and Bryan.  The PRCA Rodeo did not dissapoint -- we all had a great time together.
 

Omg -- these huge plastic balls were a big hit with the girls this year.  They just loved it!  Reminded me of those hampster exercise wheels -- except for kids!  Hahaha!




Audriana took her first Zip Line ride today.  I guess I should stop saying that I can't believe that she does this stuff -- she is always wanting to try these things (remember the cliff jumpimg she did in the Fire Hole River in Yellowstone?!!).  I love her confidence!

We found a fancy seweing machine that stitched a hundred miles per hour (or so it seemed).  Mom is in the background because she knew the lady that was manning this booth.  Patty watched the girls work the machine.
The girls went on this fun ride together that made it seem and feel like they were flying!  A first for them on this ride.  Sofia just barely made it in at 48" exacctly!  Whew!


Woops...I guess these pictures should be up with the other Zip line picture, but this is her getting fitted into the harness -- then the picture below is her slowly (yet confidently) walking up the stairs to the top where she will begin her "flight" down.  Just show you know.....SHE LOVED IT!  Wanted to do it again, but it was $20 per ride, so I didn't let her.  A good experience nonetheless.  I kind of thought Sofia would want to do this, too, but she didn't.  That surprised me.....



We all loved looking at all the beautiful flowers in the Flower Exhibit Hall.  The girls found their favorite ones and posed for a picture next to it.  They acutally had quite a few favorites....we all did.  They were just amazing!


Oh yah, Audriana also tried her hand at rock climbing!  It was pretty difficult (not to mention it was over 90 degrees!), but she did really well.  I love that she is active and athletic -- so proud of her for always wanting to try out these fun things!





The girls even got to make their own piece of rope!  They had a simple display where they could pick out their yarn (for color) and then combine it with some twine, and turn the handle and presto!  Rope!  Mom knew the guy who was doing the demonstration, so I think we got a bit of preferential treatment!  She knows so many people out at the fair!  




No comments: