Anyone who knows me well, knows that I have a super strong immune system (always have) and that I rarely get sick. When I do get sick, it is a mild cold....nothing that would stop me from going to work or changing what I do on a daily basis. I don't think I've ever had the flu before. You might see where I am going with this........I got sick! Yes, I admit it! I got totally sick! It started out with laryngitis...then became a full blown cold with head congestion, headache, cough, and a scratchy soar throat. That was bad enough. But it got worse! 6 days into my "cold", my face starting hurting -- really bad! It hurt from my ear across my cheeks and down to my teeth! My head was throbbing and it felt like each top tooth needed a root canal. After getting only 3 hours of sleep on Wednesday night, I rolled out of bed, put on my glasses and my sweats and left for the Rockwood Clinic Urgent Care. I don't have a primary care physician, so I had no other choice. I got in right away and after hearing all my symptoms, the doctor said "I can help you". Music to my ears! I guess my viral cold turned into a bacterial double sinus infection. I've never had a sinus infection -- it's terrible -- the pain and pressure you feel is awful! Anyway, I picked up my prescriptions for an antibiotic (Augmentin), prescription strength ibuprofen, and Musenix D. After getting something to eat and taking all 3 pills, I was back in bed by 9:30am. I slept until almost 3pm! I have to take the antibiotics for 10 days, but the doctor said I should start to feel better by day 3. Today is day 2 and I already feel better -- not well, yet, but a bit better. Yah for medicine!
One more note about this....Martin has been the most loving and wonderful husband through all of this. Making sure I was comfortable, bringing me tea, keeping the girls quiet so I could sleep, getting the girls to all of their after school and evening activities, making breakfast, lunch and dinners, cleaning, laundry....making sure I was doing my salt water gargles and taking my medicine. He's awesome!
THANK YOU BABE!

No comments:
Post a Comment