March 06, 2011

The end of an era.....I'm so sad!

Well, it finally happened. My 8 year old came into the kitchen this morning and informed me (very non-chalantly) that I could put her "colchita" away in her save-box. What?!? Well, it is a shred of a thing now, and really just a shadow of it's previous self, and no bigger than a dish towel. My baby is ready to give it up. **sigh** I'm happy for her. Even though it has been a couple of years since she really used it, she has had it under her pillow...just in case she needed it, I guess. My baby is growing up......this was a big moment for both of us!

I told her that I needed one more picture of her with her colchita before I could put it away. She has held onto this thing every night since she was a baby! I can't believe it.....

No comments: