What an awesome day! I'd never been to Skyfest before, and when I found out that it was happening this weekend at Fairchild, and that it was FREE, I thought that it might be a good idea to bring Martin and the girls out. But then I thought about how hot was going to be, and that there was going to be so many people...and almost talked myself out of it. But, after work on Friday night, I ran into my new friend Denise Lund (mom to Everet, Kendra, and Addy) and we decided that it would be fun for our two families to go together. (We giggled and totally got so excited to do this! She's so great and we have become very fast friends!) So, plans were made to leave by 10am the next morning, with lunches, water, and sunscreen packed. We parked, stood in the screening line, and finally got in by 10:45am. 
The first plane we saw (after standing in line for an hour!) was a Cargo C-17 plane. It was huge!

Here are the 5 kids inside the C-17. They were so hot (upper 90's!)...and were so patient as we waited to get up into the cockpit for them to see all the cool instruments that make the plane fly!

Here are the girls sitting in the "drivers seat"!


The kids were so hot, I broke down and bought us all some Minute Maid Frozen Lemonaids to share -- it was a cool treat!

The airshow began and all of us were so amazed at the cool acrobatics -- what talent! I was totally blown away! I remember thinking....I'm so glad we came out here today. The big finale was the Thunderbirds at 3pm. So awesome!


The Thunderbirds (and other planes, as well) were extremely loud, so we had ear plugs for the kids. Todd and Denise brought these great earphones (is that what they are called?) that Sofia and Addy wore.

Hello Thunderbirds!

Addy and Sofia being silly.........what's new..........

....they look like they are up to something......

More Thunderbird maneuvers....

Audriana and Everet had a really great time together. He's 10 and they have struck up a very nice friendship. Here they are inside on of the planes -- I feel bad that I didn't get the name of that plane.....

The last picture of the day.......the kids got to get on this Wells Fargo Stage Coach. What a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment