This is Sofia's first time and she had no hesitation to get her size 10 skates laced up and proceed to the waiting area with Audriana and Maria. I was a bit nervous for her, so I stayed pretty close to the ice, ready to get her if she decided that she really didn't want to try this. It really shouldn't have been a surprise to me, as Sofia has proven time after time that she is quite a determined little girl! I know she was nervous, I know she had some fear of falling -- but she gets this very serious look of concentration on her face, and off she goes! I was so proud of her!
Here they are waiting patiently for the Zamboni to finish so they could get on the ice. Maria and Audriana were very sweet and really took Sofia "under their wings" since this was their second year of lessons and they knew just how she was feeling.
Here she goes....I had alerted one of the instructors that this was her first time on skates, so she lovingly helped Sofia on the ice. My eyes were teary and my heart just swelled with such pride. A few times Sofia looked up at me and just smiled, as if she were saying "look at me, mom!". (she was proud of herself, too!).Audriana really loves getting on the ice and she is perfecting her "speed skating" skills this year.





No comments:
Post a Comment