We drove 2 1/2 hours to arrive to the woods of Northern Idaho (near St. Maries, ID) -- all in an effort to strike it rich! After paying $10 for a permit (per person), we were given buckets and headed over to the big pile of dirt to start digging. Once the buckets were full, you took it down to the sifting area. Once all the excess dirt was sifted out, we took the big pieces down to the water area to clean them off and check for garnets! I don't know - they all looked like rocks to me, but everyone found at least a couple. It was fun! Dirty, but fun. When I got home I put all of our dirty mining clothes in the washer - to no avail! That dirt stained!!!
Nice pink hat, Martin!
Look at Lily's dirty hands! She spent quite a bit of time with Grandma helping her distinguish the rocks from the garnets!
Here's Todd sifting all the dirt out! What fun!
Mom, Lily and Jay -- what a team!
You're adorable, Brook!


No comments:
Post a Comment