July 08, 2008

4th of July 2008!

We began our festivities at Mike's house for a family bbq. He smoked an awesome brisket! Great job on hosting us, Mike! It was great!

After the bbq, we followed Mom and Jay up to Jay's cabin (overlooking lake Pend O'reille). This picture was taken at the rest area off of 1-90 just before getting to Coeur d'Alene - the girls had a good time climbing these big rocks and being silly for the camera.

Peek a Boo!

We finally make it up to the cabin at about 9pm and the fireworks across the lake (at Bayview) began at 10pm. The girls did a couple of sparklers, then settled in on the deck and watched the big show. They were so far away that we really had to squint to see them, but it was fine, nonetheless, for the girls. The loud noises were a bit scary for them, but they really enjoyed the show.

Here is Grandpa lighting Sofia's sparkler!




The best idea we had was to bring up our bikes! The girls had a ball and even Martin and I joined in on the bike riding fun! I don't have a picture of it, but Sofia had her little trike and I was so surprised at how fast her little legs could peddle and keep up with all of us!
Click on the arrow to see a little video!




I had to put these pictures up just so all of you can see how beautiful it is up there. Both of these pictures were taken from the deck of the cabin!



Here is Jay bbq-ing our steaks on Saturday afternoon.

Here is Martin giving Sofia a ride on the back of his bike. I was walking behind them yelling "keep you feet out, Sofia!".

1 comment:

Christensen family said...

What a gorgeous place. Looks like you guys had A LOT of fun!