

We had a very easy, restful, and happy Valentines Day. The girls woke up and found the balloons, and candy that I had set out for them. We also got them some cute socks, and a decorative Valentine pillow for each of them. We had a quick breakfast and then I had to get them up the hill to Sunday School, then Church, then off to Fiesta Mexicana for a family Valentine lunch. Yum! After lunch we headed home, and I decided to pick the mail up since it had been a good week or so since I had last gotten it. It's a good thing I did because there was a big box for the girls -- wrapped pretty in red paper with hearts all over it - a Valentines gift from aunt Pam and uncle Todd! They were so excited and it was all I could do to get them to wait the 45 seconds that it takes to drive from the mailboxes to our house! Of course they opened it right up and it was all smiles from there! In it was 2 adorable stuffed Valentine puppy dogs, as well as some candy goodies. I would have felt so bad if I hadn't stopped to get the mail! Anyway, the rest of the afternoon was spent just playing, reading, computer-ing, and being together. It felt so good to just be still - and not be rushing off to be somewhere or do something. We all needed that. Martin even got a well deserved nap in this afternoon! 


No comments:
Post a Comment