September 22, 2009

The Frog-O-Sphere is here!


Well, we finally caved in and got the girls a pet. 2 pets, actually. 2 little frogs. They are so cute! I saw these frogs this past summer on one of my trips over to Bellevue for a work meeting. Brookstone was selling these aquariams, complete with 2 frogs, a snail (to eat up the ickies), the frog food, the rocks and the cute little base that it sits on. Get this -- you only need to change the water twice a year and feed them only twice a week! This is my kind of pet! When I originally saw this at Brookstone, I had flown over, so I was not able to buy it and get it home. I made the mistake of telling the girls about these sweet little frogs (that I could not bring home) and they have not let me forget about them. Audriana kept wishing for me to "go to Seattle for a meeting" so that I could drive over and bring them home. They've been wanting a cat or a dog -- which are both out of the question with our very busy lives. But these little guys seem just perfect -- it satisfies the girls' desire for a pet and it satisifies my desire for no pets! They just sit on the counter! We have decided that Sofia will feed them on Monday's and Audriana will feed them on Thursdays. So easy!!!! The girls have spent so much time watching the swim and chase each other. By the way, I told them that they could each pick out a name -- Sofia named one of them "Flower" and Audriana named the other one "Transformer"! LOL! Isn't that just perfect?! The problem is that these frogs look identical and their is absolutely no way to tell them apart. The girls think they have it figured out....but I don't think they do....:-)

No comments: