April 09, 2009

April......so far.....

I thought I would post some pictures of what we have been up to the past couple of weeks! Time goes so fast that I would never remember any of this if it weren't for the pictures I take! LOL!
Well, since it was absolutely freezing (either raining, snowing, or just plain freezing!) during Spring Break this year, we had to get creative and find some indoor things to do. I had taken a few days off during the week so that I could spend some really good quality time with the girls. We did many fun things, but one of the best was when Joye and I decided to take the girls to Polka Dot Pottery and let them each paint something. Audriana and Maria have done this a few times before, so they knew just what to do. Since they were the "experts", they had fun "teaching" Sofia how it is done. It was a great way for us mom's to sit back and let the girls' creative juices flow. By the way....do you know how hard that is! I contantly wanted to "fix" their projects! I really wanted to tell them how or what they should paint! Shame on me!!!

Here is the plate that Sofia did (with her handprint in the middle) and the light cover that Audriana did. I couldn't resist....I caved! I had to "decorate" the little eggs she painted on the lawn!!!

Here is us on Martin's b-day -- just after we had enjoyed a very yummy dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory! Happy Birthday, Babe!

The girls love their Daddy so much! He got a super special b-day kiss!

Her is Sofia ready for racing!

Last weekend we had such sunny weather that we decided to take a little hike up in the hills of Eagle Ridge. It was still a bit cold out, but the sun felt so good and really brightened up our day!

Tonight was Thursday -- "Uncle Mike Night" at our house. The girls love it when Uncle Mike comes over to see them. Aunt Kristi usually comes too and we all have dinner together, play with the girls (I mean....watch Mike play with the girls), and then the girls go to sleep and we watch Survivor. Anyway, tonight Uncle Mike helped the girls dye Easter Eggs. Memories worth sharing -- that's for sure!

The finished product -- they look pretty good!

No comments: